Season of Hope free concert series
The 11th annual performance series located in the 200-year-old Cathedral Basilica of Saint Joseph offers nourishment for your spirit by presenting a soul-satisfying multicultural musical event for everyone to enjoy during the holiday season. This event is a wonderful collaboration between various arts organizations and the San José Cathedral Foundation’s Office of Social Ministry. By fostering the spirit of hope all through the year, the Cathedral provides food, shelter, medical care, and a job search program to those in need, regardless of race or creed, crossing all cultural boundaries.
Performances are free and scheduled for December 12-23, 7:00p and 8:00p each evening.
- December 12, 2006: San José Youth Chamber Orchestra, Barbara Day Turner, Advisor, Susan Stein, Director
- December 13, 2006: Castillero Middle School, David Finch, Music Director, Michelle Crivello, Dance Director
- December 14, 2006: Santa Clara Chorale, Thomas Colohan, Music Director
- December 15, 2006: San José Youth Symphony Philharmonic Orchestra, Yair Samet, Conductor
- December 16, 2006: Presentation High School, Yanos Lustig, Director
- December 17, 2006: Steinway Society of the Bay Area, Martan Mann, Pianist
- December 18, 2006: Leland High School Chamber Choir and Orchestra Presents Schubert’s “Magnificat”, Rian Rodriguez, Director
- December 19, 2006: Harpers Hall Celtic Harpists, Verlene Schermer, Director
- December 20, 2006: Cathedral Basilica San José Fire Department Choir, Julie Wind, Director, Maranatha Hope of Glory Soloists, David Wells, Director, Interfaith sing-a-long carols and narration of the Nativity story
- December 21, 2006: Patric Nikolas, Award Winning Jazz Pianist, International Russian Music Piano Competition, Vice President
- December 22, 2006: Jennifer Muhawi, Opera Sopranoist, Holiday Carols with Pianist James Ramsey
- December 23, 2006: Bella Sorella Opera Duo, Susanna Uher Jimenez and Nava Dague Jimenez
Labels: workshops and events